Notes From a Fashion Ingenue

Monday, May 22, 2006

Making a (Fashion) Statement

One of the fun things about Asian culture is the practise of giving giving gifts after a trip. My good friend Jan from Canada is a-visiting and she gave everyone the YouthAIDS-ALDO tag which celebrities like Charlize Theron, Avril Lavigne and Adrian Brody (to name a few) are sporting.

The empowerment tags have the words hear/speak/see engraved on them, symbolizing the need to support and speak out for the campaign for AIDS. Proceeds (its a mere $5.00 per tag) fund prevention programs.

So lets take it from Charlize ;) theres nothing like being fashionable and feeling good good good at the same time.

I chose the "hear" tag because I felt like it applied to me on different levels. You know, like, stop hearing gossip (as if its possible.) I also chose to wind it around my wrist and wear it as a bracelet because, honestly, wearing it around the neck is a bit too Rambo (brown leather string plus two silver tags, come on, imagine it) for me. Besides, the tag is more obvious around the wrist.

Here are more ideas on how to sport them:

2 Comments:

Blogger Donnabee said...

I hope you have a tagboard so i can comment easily. And say hi everytime i visit ur blog. Anyways, thnx for visiting mine.

5:58 AM  
Blogger fashion_ingenue said...

Oh, no prob!

I'll get a tag board when they make one in hot pink!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

hit tracker